Company number: 03256616 |
Charity number: 1058723
Please note: Performances on Sunday 25th & Monday 26th September will be the first time this production has been performed, and these are now billed as preview performances (Tickets £8).
HOT IN HERE celebrates action taking place around the world for climate justice.
Developed from conversations with climate activists across the globe, HOT IN HERE uses dance, real-life stories, spoken word, and music to share the action taking place internationally against climate injustice, and the UK’s place within it.
The show is powered by the first energy-harvesting dancefloor in live theatre. Like the collective action needed to tackle the climate emergency, the dancefloor converts the collective energy of the performers’ bodies into electricity. Come join the movement. Everyone’s invited.
Made in collaboration with young people taking action at the frontlines of the climate crisis, predominantly in the Global South and nearest the Equator.
All performances are creatively captioned, with a relaxed environment for audiences.
Pigfoot will also:
- Share content information in advance (Available from 12th September)
- Publish a pre-recorded audio description of our actors & our set (Available from 19th September)
- Publish a visual story of the show (Available from 27th September)
A relaxed environment for audiences means if for access reasons, you need to do any of the following, at any time, please feel free to:
- Leave & re-enter at any time – there’s no such thing as a latecomer!
- Move around or make noise
- Eat or drink during the show, or bring your own food
- Use your phone (e.g. for magnification)
In addition to the usual relaxed environment of Hot In Here, the Relaxed Performance will mean:
- We will hold familiarisation sessions 30 mins before house opens. Please contact email@example.com to book a slot
- We will remove any strobing or fast flashing lights
- We will have a quiet space available for audiences
- We will reduce the volume of music and sound effects (you’re welcome to bring ear defenders)
- There will be no sudden, loud noises
- Audience lights will go down – but you are welcome to use your phone torch, or one of ours, to leave and re-enter
Co-produced by the Gate Theatre, commissioned and supported by Camden People's Theatre. Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England. With support from the ‘I've Got An Idea’ Fund, ARC Stockton, the Lipman-Miliband Trust and The Golsoncott Foundation.
"CPT is a force for good... We as a community need this desperately at this time."